Make Your Business Better,Inc.
Work in thefinance department in all areas and in general office/administration.
Accounts Payable (60%)
1. Assiststhe Senior Accounting Manager in performing all Accounts Payable functions.Such duties include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and/or sortingfinance mail
- Vouchering all incominginvoices
- Distributing vouchersfor department approval; distributing vouchers for President/CEO approval
2. Inputs Accounts Payable datainto the accounting system after all approvals have been made.
3. Assists in running checks asdirected by the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Works with SeniorAccounting Manager to ensure that key bills where there is a substantialpre-payment or early payment discount, are paid on time.
- Ensures that nopenalties accrue for lay payments.
4. Gets checks signed. Preparesall material for mailing, ensuring that appropriate copies are maintained andfiled, according to departmental guidelines.
1. Handles reception dutiesincluding telephone answering, distributing telephone sheets and other relatedduties.
2. Works with Senior AccountingManager in handling general administrative duties, including, but not limitedto:
- Managing supplyinventory and doing ordering
- Providing shipping roomback-up, as needed
- Other related duties
- Provides departmentworkflow support
3. Works with Senior AccountingManager in benefits enrollment and communication duties, including but notlimited to:
- Distributing regularinformation reports
- Distribute new employeewelcome package
4. Other office duties, asrequired, including but not limited to: typing, filing, making reservations andmaking telephone calls.
· Education:High school degree.
- Specialized Training:Bookkeeping courses.
- Previous Experience:One to two years of bookkeeping experience.
Ability toread and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenanceinstructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports andcorrespondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond toquestions from clients and customers.
Ability to apply concepts such asfractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collectdata, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practicalproblems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where onlylimited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructionsfurnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here arerepresentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talkor hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee isoccasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters whileperforming the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Word processingsoftware
- Accounting (payables,receivables, general ledger, billing) software
- Spreadsheet software
- Ability to use theInternet and e-mail
- Ability to manage andcomplete multiple tasks
- Accounting terms,principles and processes
The information contained inthis article is intended to provide useful information on the topic covered,but should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion.