The new breed of HR decision maker is a mind set.
The mind set of the new breed of HR decision maker says that real HR practices can have a real impact on the success of any business. The new breed of HR decision maker understands the HR issues behind any business problem and uses HR initiatives to actively improve the organization’s performance.
The new breed doesn’t wait for the CEO to ask for help. The new breed initiates change.
To find out more about the new breed of HR decision makers and how they affect change within their organizations, Workforce magazine surveyed a random sample of subscribers.
The new breed of HR decision makers is found in all organizations:
- The new breed of HR decisions makers is found in all industries, concentrating in manufacturing, health care, finance and even public administration.
- Companies of all sizes can benefit from the mind set of the new breed of HR decision maker. (Average number of employees: 1,271)
The new breed of HR decision maker is throughout the organization:
- The new breed of HR decision maker is often at headquarters (54%), but works with the divisions and operating units.
- The new breed of HR decision maker does not have a single job title.
The new breed of HR decision maker addresses a wide range of business issues using all HR functions:
- The new breed of HR decision maker is involved in every HR function. There is less importance on the individual functions and growing importance on how these HR functions work together to address the business issues.
- The new breed of HR decision maker faces all types of business issues, ranging from rapid growth and expansion to new product development and IPOs.
The new breed of HR decision maker is changing the way HR management is practiced. They recognize how the external environment, including demographics, politics, economics, new inventions, the media and so on, affect HR management. They know the real business issues and create HR practices that have a real impact on the success of the organization.
Reach these key players in HR management put Workforce on your advertising schedule.