December 18, 2013
The following are five business practices that can help maintain corporate integrity:
- Demonstrate a commitment to honesty and disclosure in all dealings, internal and external.
- Make your commitment to quality clear and demand a commitment to quality from your employees.
- Encourage people to stand up for what they believe.
- Tie rewards, promotions and increases in responsibility and authority directly to performance.
- Make it clear that lying, cheating and stealing aren't the only behaviors that don't pass muster-hedging, fudging and skimming aren't acceptable ... even if they contribute to the bottom line.
Source: Bruce Tulgan, RainmakerThinking, Inc.