October 17, 2014
To correct the date setting on your software, follow these simple instructions:
- Double click on "my computer"
- Double click on "control panel"
- Double click on "regional settings"
- Click on the "date" tab at the top of the page
- Where it says, "Short Date Sample," look and see if it shows a "two digit" year such as yy. It probably does. That's the default—and it won't rollover to 2000.
- Click on the button across from "Short Date Style" and change it to mm/dd/yyyy.
- Click "apply" and "go" at the bottom.