August 21, 2014
Some things to keep in mind when communicating a change initiative to employees:
- People need to understand why the organization is changing and need to be sold on the benefits.
- You should decide beforehand on the communication vehicles. Communication should be frequent and ongoing.
- Training should be provided, if necessary.
- If people will lose their jobs, this needs to be communicated to them openly and honestly.
- Rather than slashing jobs, you may want to work with top employees to reengineer their jobs.
SOURCE: Randa A. Wilbur, Dechert-Hame & Company.