October 1, 2014
Don’t wait until the annual performance appraisal to deliver criticism.
- When a performance appraisal comes around, the employee shouldn’t be surprised about your problems with his or her conduct.
- Inform the individual how this action is being recorded.
- Inform the person that a known opportunity is available to them to improve in a specific area before evaluation time.
- Praising should be done a lot.
- Confront issues on a timely basis.
- Company performance is poorer if you wait until the next evaluation.
- A person should be given a chance to show improvement before the annual review. Don’t let a person lose a wage increase due to a lack of timely feedback.