March 9, 2014
The following are programs Macy's has in place, aimed at increasing retention of Associates:
- New hire training program: six hours.
- New hire paired with a Team Angel (experienced associate) for mentoring.
- New hire survey mailed to associate's home after 30 days.
- Sunday School: On Sunday, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., associates on lunch break can attend programs on how to become more successful at Macy's.
- Specialist of the month/specialist of the year award programs, with an "Oscars" awards ceremony each April.
- Star Council: volunteer committee of managers and associates that develops events to benefit community groups and employees.
Programs aimed at retaining store executives:
- "Lights, Camera, Action" program to orient and develop new store executives for the first three months of their job.
- Group sales manager development on alternate Thursdays, such as a coaching and counseling class.
SOURCE: Macy's West