March 27, 2015
Sooner or later, everyone experiences disappointment, discouragement, anxiety, frustration, fear ... and the list goes on. All of these contribute in some way to a heightened stress level that impacts negatively on sales performance and results. Here are a few tips to consider the next time you feel emotionally out of control.
- Evaluate the conditions/circumstances in light of your long term experience, goals and/or results.
- Keep a journal of these situations and how they turned out. Most of the time there are positive lessons if you will just look for them.
- Recognize that life and people are not perfect.
- Just suck it in and get over it.
- Look for the positive in the perceived negative.
- Develop a mentor or coaching relationship to help you through these difficult times.
- Stay focused in the present.
- Expect a positive outcome.
- Do something. Take some positive action.
- Remember stress is an inside-out reaction to outside-in circumstances, events and people.
SOURCE: Tim Connor, Connor Resource Group, Davidson, NC