- Resource and referral services (offered through employers) providethorough education to callers about options, finances, legal issues, as wellas names of screened agencies and providers.
- Home health care providers offer skilled help in the home.
- As an employer, you may be able to offer a reduced rent at selected seniorhousing communities.
- Assisted living complexes are apartments for healthy seniors who needmoderate assistance.
- Continuing-care retirement communities (CCRCs) can provide a variety oflevels of aid to elderly.
Some organizations even employ geriatric-care managers, who supervise thecaregiver’s situation if he or she is too far away. It’s all simply a matterof discovering elder-care options, and then assessing which ones work best.
Workforce, October 1999, Vol. 78, No. 10, p. 61-- Subscribenow!