October 24, 2014
When you’re looking for excellentemployees, it helps to know where to find them. To find older workers for yourcompany, try some of these sources:
- Green Thumb is the leading employment and training program for mature and disadvantaged Americans. Working with them is like working with any good employment agency. They probably have an office near you.
- Professional societies for your area of business or the skill you need are great places to look for retired talent that is ready and raring to come back.
- Senior centers have many members who could be interested in filling your temporary or seasonal jobs that do not require specific professional skills.
- Advertising in local or regional senior lifestyle magazines may also attract active older workers who are looking for temporary or seasonal opportunities.
- Check with some of your recent retirees who may be interested in coming back as consultants or contract workers. They have the advantage of already knowing the company processes and procedures.
Workforce, February 2001, Vol80, No 2, p. 60 Subscribe Now!