· Oneeffective technique is to create an action plan as a guide for the individualto improve.
· Avoidmaking any criticism destructive or too personal.
· Concentrateon turning the session into a win-win situation, so the teammate, manager andcompany gain.
· Criticizeactions, not people.
· Beprepared (anticipate questions).
· Askthe person how to change things to improve the situation.
· Providespecific examples and alter-natives for the criticized behavior.
· Bedirect and to the point.
· Tryto make as many positive statements as possible.