November 19, 2014
What we're thankful for this November:
- The vision of our Gen-X employees may be bad from growing up in front ofcomputer screens, but laser eye surgery is getting cheaper.
- Our stock in Amazon, Ask Jeeves and Buy.com (and all the rest) can't getmuch lower.
- A member of the HR profession, Richard Hatch, was the sole"Survivor."
- The Olympics have gotten so good at drug testing, they’re taking goldmedals from people who’ve taken cold medicine.
- Toll-free help lines to HRMS providers.
- The United Nations has realized that helping cure world poverty will helpachieve world peace.
- Telephones -- still much better for talking than e-mail.
- We never hear the phrase "Total Quality Management" anymore.
- We don't always get a busy signal anymore when we dial into AOL.
- At last, an answer to the labor shortage – cloning.
- You all like our e-mail newsletter so much, you e-mail to tell us when it’s late.
- United Airlines' labor problems may be ending.
- The 2004 presidential election is just beginning.