September 25, 2015
Here are some questions to determine if your company or non-profit is ready for a large-scale change initiative:
- Have the folks at the top bought off on it?
- Are senior managers willing to continually convey the change message?
- Are they willing to support the change through their own behavior?
- Below senior management, who are the operational leaders who need to be sold and take an active role in driving the change in their departments?
- Are current organizational policies, practices, accountability, feedback mechanisms, etc. in line with the change? If not, they could kill the effort.
- What barriers are in the way? Are there plans to overcome those barriers?
- Are you being realistic about how long the change process will take?
SOURCE: Randa A. Wilbur, Dechert-Hame & Company.