HR Checklist for Aging Companies
- Long-term employees in my company are accepting of change.
- My HR department has frequent training programs to explain changes in policies and practices.
- I believe employees in my company see its heritage as a positive business influence.
- In my company, the HR function is an integral part of the business. In the past, many HR departments played a maintenance, clerical role. If your function hasn't moved beyond this role, it's time for change.
- Bringing in new blood is one way an HR department can keep up to date and facilitate change.
- In the past 20 years, my company has been through at least one successful reorganization.
- My HR department encourages feedback from employees through one or more formats.
- I would describe my company as technologically advanced for its industry.
- The HR department in my company responds to changes in society.
There's a mixture of employees on my work force-some long term, some new to the company.
Personnel Journal, October 1994, Vol.73, No. 10, p. 92.