Resources on Electronic Privacy
November 1, 1999
The march toward digital data is creating its share of anxiety and controversy, and nowhere does this play out more dramatically than in the workplace.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center(EPIC):
- A comprehensive clearinghouse for information about privacy. Offersnews, links and more.
- HR Privacy Solutions:
- Provides news and information about ongoing issues related to privacy and humanresources.
- IHRIM’s DataProtection and Privacy Committee:
- Provides news about the organization’sactivities related to privacy. Also offers information about its HR DataConsortium Project, which brings together 70-plus companies in an attempt todevelop self-regulatory measures, educate government officials and provideresources to companies.
- International Trade Administration ElectronicCommerce Task Force:
- Provides U.S. Commerce Department documentsintended to develop a "safe harbor" so that U.S. organizations cancomply with the European Union’s Directive on Data Protection.
- Privacy & American Business:
- An authoritative source for tracking new business-privacy issues. Offers news,survey information and more.
- Privacy Exchange:
- Acomprehensive source of information about global privacy issues and initiatives.
- EuropeanCommission for Data Protection:
- Provides news and links related to dataprotection and privacy in the EU.
Workforce, October 1999, Vol. 78, No. 10, p. 121-- Subscribenow!