Short Job Description for a Training Manager
Sample Position Description for a Training Manager
Position Title: Training Delivery Manager
Date: (today’s date)
Reports to: Director of Training
Supervises: Four Skill Trainers and Two Management Trainers
Position Objective: To manage the training delivery services of thedepartment and implement all scheduled training courses.
1. Manages training deliver services within approved budget.
2. Implements all training courses as scheduled
3. Supervises employees reporting to her/him to ensure they meet performancestandards.
4. Creates individual development plans for each employee reporting tohim/her.
5. Serves as an active member of the Training Department’s management team.
6. Assists the Training Director in developing annual budgets and plans.
7. Works with the Training Development Manager to create new courses andevaluate existing ones.
8. Recommends necessary revisions to existing training courses and possibleareas requiring training courses.
Excerpted from How to Identify Your Organization’s Training Needs: APractical Guide to Needs Analysis by John H. McConnell. Copyright© 2003 JohnH. McConnell. Published by AMACOM Books, a division of American ManagementAssociation, New York, NY. Used with permission. All rights reserved.
Visitors to this site are granted permission to download or print one (1)copy of the AMACOM content from the Web site for personal use only and agree notto reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast orcirculate this material without prior written permission of the copyright owner(AMA).
Workforce Online, March 2003 -- Register Now!