May 27, 2016
Samples of questions that can help you find out about a candidate's job responsibilities and general performance.
- "What was her job classification with your company and what were her duties?"
- "Which were the most important of those duties?"
- "On which of these duties did she devote the most of his time and how was this time allocated?"
- "How would you rate her job performance in terms of work volume and quality?"
- "Did she receive any promotions or demotions while with you? Describe."
- "As her supervisor, what did you find was the most effective way to motivate her?"
- "Did her conduct ever require disciplinary measures? If so, describe."
- "How would you describe her performance compared to others with similar responsibilities?"
- "What success—or lack of it—did she have working with others? What was the reason for the success or lack of it?"
- "How would you describe the relationship between her and her subordinates?"
- "Which supervisory practices did you like and dislike?"
- "How would you describe her success in training and developing subordinates?"
SOURCE: Richard H. Magee, Helene Curtis Industries, Chicago, Personnel Journal (now Workforce).