March 10, 2014
By using a mentor-team approach to employee development, Fuller Co. has reduced its turnover of high-potential managers. Below is the sequence of events for participants of the Targeted Employee Development Program (TEDP):
- Division management selects individual for the program.
- WMS Management Consultants conducts assessment of the participant’s developmental strengths and needs (a one-day series of tests and interviews).
- WMS meets with participant (one-on-one) to give feedback on the results of the assessment program.
- HR, department manager and WMS meet with participant to discuss developmental strengths and needs, and begin planning development steps.
- Participant, with support from HR and department manager, establishes developmental plan.
- HR and department manager hold regular follow-up sessions with participant to discuss progress and to lend support and encouragement.
- Senior management conducts quarterly review of the plans and progress of TEDP participants.