For example, if we are overqualified for an activity we become bored, and if we underqualified for an activity we’ll experience greater stress and anxiety. You may want to consider reflecting on these questions to help you find activities that reflect your passion while remaining within your realistic capabilities:
- What do I love to do in my job? Write down five specific things.
- What do I love to do in my free time? Write down five specific things.
- What subjects in school fascinated me?
- What activities give me the greatest feeling of self-esteem and personal pride?
- What accomplishments have given me the greatest feeling of importance?
- What am I really good at? What do I think I can be really good at?
- How can I combine what I like with what I am really good at?
- Can I put this combination to a greater purpose or mission?
- Will I be enthusiastic about this purpose?