- This event has passed.
Top 5 Costly HR Compliance Tripwires and How to Avoid them
August 8 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDTFree
August 8th, 2018 2:00pm EST. Complying with state and federal regulations may not be your only job, but this aspect of your job has the potential to have the greatest financial implications. And with several new and complex rulings coming into effect this year, it can be a lot for your team (or department of one) to monitor.
During this webinar, BLR’s expert editors will give you a high-level overview of the five key areas you need to be aware of and what action items you need to address right now to stay ahead of your compliance obligations and avoid costly errors.
- Paid Sick, Parental & Family Leave: Learn how to navigate the maze of federal, state, and local requirements and access key strategies to prevent leave abuse.
- Immigration enforcement. Maintain compliant I-9s and develop a plan to respond to stepped-up enforcement activities from ICE.
- Severance Agreements: Understand the types of claims employees can release and the effect of the new tax law on confidentiality provisions.
- Recruiting and Hiring: See what’s new with ban-the-box, salary history inquiries, ADA, citizenship, and more so you can ensure compliant recruiting practices.
- Sexual Harassment: Time for a culture shift to put an end to harassment and incivility in the workplace. Discover how the #METOO movement is changing the way we train employees and the steps that you can take to prevent devastating harassment claims.