Below are possible job descriptions for three call-center employees: Customer Care Supervisor, Account Representative, and Site Manager.
|Customer Care Supervisor|
|Manage associates to meet the needs of the business by demonstrating outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills.|
- Motivate team to achieve service goals through regular coaching.
- Contribute to management team objectives through teamwork.
- Ensure efficient performance of the agent group through balancing human and technical resources.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement process.
- Administer policies and procedures to assure consistency.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all service tasks and programs, as well as system and telecommunications capabilities.
- Execute disciplinary action when necessary.
- Monitor, coach, and counsel representatives in an ongoing development process.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior supervisor experience, preferably in a customer service or call center environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with people, both internally and with the external customers.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Prioritize assignments, follow-up to ensure task completion, and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to make quick, accurate, and appropriate decisions.
- Exceptional skills in keyboard and operating computer systems.
- Proven success in motivation and leadership.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully coach staff.
|Receive inbound calls and/or make outbound sales calls to residential customers and sell full array of company products and services.|
- Sell full array of company products and services to customers.
- Must be able to utilize headset and computer terminal and navigate through multiple systems to input and retrieve information.
- Position requires ability to work in a very structured environment with a diverse workforce.
- Must meet sales objectives.
- Must be able to adapt to dynamic, quickly changing telecommunications environment.
- Accountable for sales, call quality, attendance, and adherence to work schedule results.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Sales experience preferred
- Position requires strong oral and written communication skills
|Provide effective leadership and professional operations management to Customer Care Solutions site operations.|
- Builds and implements strategy to meet financial and quality objectives that support client and the company’s Customer Care Solutions goals.
- Develops, manages and motivates a strong, effective management team. Maintains the Customer Care Solutions quality system, which focuses on continual improvement and employee involvement.
- Designs and implements planning activities that ensure a successful operation including business forecasting, internal & external client communications, and adherence to and improvement upon Customer Care Solutions policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating with Resource Management to accurately determine resource and capacity requirements, including telecom, facilities, and staffing.
- Nurtures client relationships and uncovers opportunities for additional client support.
- Continually upgrades personal knowledge of call center technology and makes improvement recommendations.
- Creates and maintains a healthy and productive environment for all Customer Care Solutions associates, guaranteeing fair, consistent, equitable treatment in a safe environment, operating efficiently and balancing costs and quality performance.
- Assists Regional Manager and VP of Operations as required.
- Significantly contributes to Customer Care Solutions growth and excellent reputation.
- Minimum BA/BS, masters preferred or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years senior level operations management
- 4 years Customer Service/Call Center Management/Technology experience
- Project Management Experience/Training
- Budgeting and P & L responsibility
SOURCE: MeLisa Rogers, Human Resource Manager, Spherion Corporation, Victoria, Texas, Jan. 16, 2002.
The information contained in this article is intended to provide useful information on the topic covered, but should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion. Also remember that state laws may differ from the federal law.