November 27, 2015
Here are a few ways to maximize the return on technology investments you make:
- Strive for a corporate culture that embraces change.
- Create incentives for employees to maintain and upgrade skills.
- Provide training, but don't view it as the catch-all, end-all. Make sure employees understand the strategic advantages of the system.
- Provide training appropriate to an employee's job function. General one-size-fits-all instruction burdens employees with information they probably don't need.
- Make sure there's a payoff for employees. If they can do their work better, faster or easier, than they will more willingly upgrade their skills.
- Ensure that systems provide maximum simplicity and usability.
- Provide appropriate training at all levels of the company.
SOURCE: Sam Greengard, Workforce Magazine, December 1998.