May 29, 2015
The following items are topics covered in Rockford's PTO policy guidebook. It was distributed to employees during Step 6 of the process.
- What is the paid-time-off (PTO) program?
- Why was a new benefits program needed regarding paid time away from work (vacation time, sick time and personal time)?
- To what specific types of absences from work does PTO apply?
- Who is eligible for the PTO program?
- How do I accrue time In my paid-time-off bank?
- How much time can I accrue In my paid-time-off bank?
- Example of PTO accrual
- When do I begin to accrue time in the PTO bank?
- When can I start using my paid-time-off days?
- When and how much paid time off should I schedule?
- How do I accrue time in Rockford's catastrophic account (CAT)?
- How much time can I accrue in CAT?
- May I transfer PTO days into CAT?
- What happens to my accruals under the PTO program when I leave?
- How will Rockford Memorial convert from the existing program to the new PTO program?
- What happens to my accrued vacation time? To my accrued sick time?
SOURCE: Rockford Memorial Hospital
Personnel Journal, March 1996, Vol. 75, No. 3, p. 120.