If you have employees that have faced relocation casualties, they may request arbitration by writing to the AMSA at: 1611 Duke Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314-3482. The letter of notification to the AMSA must be sent within 60 days after a final offer or a denial of the claim has been made to the individual in writing by the carrier. The letter to the AMSA may also be sent by fax to: 703/683-7527.
Along with the individual’s name, address and telephone number, include the following information in the letter of notification to AMSA:
- The name of the carrier and the shipment’s identification number
- Any assigned loss and damage claim number
- The name the shipment was moved under
- The dates and locations of pickup and delivery
- The monetary value of the loss and damage claim involved.
SOURCE: American Moving and Storage Association
Workforce, September 1998, Vol. 77, No. 9, p. 58.