10 Tenets of 21 st Century HR
This will be an agile, high-tech field.
January 1, 2000
Ten tenets of 21st century HR:
- It is a solver of business problems. It directly impacts the business, its products and its profitability.
- Its primary role is to be a productivity consultant that helps managers recruit and retain the best workers and to develop and motivate all employees so they are the most productive they can be (per dollar spent) return on investment (ROI).
- It is forward looking. It monitors the environment and it anticipates business opportunities and problems.
- It is metric and reward driven. It proves and rewards the business impact of everything it does.
- It shifts ownership of people issues to managers and employees. It influences managers to make hard people decisions.
- It coaches managers and gives managers choices but it does not actually solve managers’ people problems.
- It uses HR tools to increase the organization’s capability to beat the competition.
- It builds a sense of urgency and of continuous learning and improvement.
- It uses technology and "e-management" to manage people "remotely" and to do all HR faster, better and cheaper.
- It is agile. It can rapidly redeploy resources (people, information and talent).
Workforce, January 2000, Vol. 79, No. 1, p. 54.