Flextime Web Resources
he best way to get skeptical managers to support a flex policy is tobenchmark other success stories. The following sites catalog statistics, advice,and stories from companies that have made the move with great success.
- This nonprofitorganization, which works with businesses to advance women, has publishedseveral reports on the effects of flextime in the workplace, including“Flexible Work Arrangements III,” a study tracking 24 women who firstused flexible work arrangements more than a decade ago.
- Work in America Institute:
- Thisnonprofit organization focuses on improving productivity and quality ofwork/life balance. It recently published “Holding a Job, Having a Life:Strategies for Change,” which catalogs a two-year study investigating how somecompanies have adopted flex programs to improve business results and achievework/life integration.
- The Alliance of Work/Life Professionals:
- TheAWLP is a membership organization for professionals to promote a healthierbalance between work and personal life.
- The Boston CollegeCenter for Work and Family:
- This research organization, which focuses onincreasing the quality of life of working families, recently published“Measuring the Impact of Workplace Flexibility,” a two-year research projectto assess the effect of workplace flexibility.
Workforce, February 2001, Vol80, No 2, p. 42 Subscribe Now!