What ESS Can Help You Do
How companies are using ESS to manage.
July 1, 1998
Employee self-service (ESS) can encompass a wide array of functions. Today companies are using ESS to manage:
- Personnel records
- Banking information
- Benefits enrollment and inquiries
- Travel expenses
- Electronic pay stubs
- W-4 records
- Bonus information and stock options
- 401(k) account balance
- Employee directory
- Employment and salary verification
- Training overview and enrollment
- New-hire event processing
- Purchase requisitions
- Vacation requests
- Time and attendance records
- 360-degree peer reviews.
Workforce, July 1998, Vol. 77, No. 7, p. 62.