September 30, 2014
The march toward digital data is creating its share of anxiety and controversy, and nowhere does this play out more dramatically than in the workplace.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center(EPIC):
- A comprehensive clearinghouse for information about privacy. Offersnews, links and more.
- HR Privacy Solutions:
- Provides news and information about ongoing issues related to privacy and humanresources.
- IHRIM’s DataProtection and Privacy Committee:
- Provides news about the organization’sactivities related to privacy. Also offers information about its HR DataConsortium Project, which brings together 70-plus companies in an attempt todevelop self-regulatory measures, educate government officials and provideresources to companies.
- International Trade Administration ElectronicCommerce Task Force:
- Provides U.S. Commerce Department documentsintended to develop a "safe harbor" so that U.S. organizations cancomply with the European Union’s Directive on Data Protection.
- Privacy & American Business:
- An authoritative source for tracking new business-privacy issues. Offers news,survey information and more.
- Privacy Exchange:
- Acomprehensive source of information about global privacy issues and initiatives.
- EuropeanCommission for Data Protection:
- Provides news and links related to dataprotection and privacy in the EU.
Workforce, October 1999, Vol. 78, No. 10, p. 121-- Subscribenow!