April 24, 2015
If you receive a termination notice, you should not send out resumes or network until you have:
- Completely thought out your next career moves.
- Defined your goals and objectives.
- Researched a target list of potential new employers.
- Changed your resume from focusing on vague experiences to focusing on quantifiable accomplishments.
- Practiced a two-minute oral summary of your accomplishments.
- Realized you're not to blame—layoffs are unfortunately the norm nowadays.
Source: Manchester, Bala Cynwyd, PA, December 21, 1998.