This highly interactive workshop provides an informative look at how employees from different generations view workplace roles and values. Learn how these different perspectives can affect employee-supervisor relationships and gain insights on how to motivate employees from different generations — and keep them from hurting each other!
After completion of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of different generations present in today’s workforce.
- Recognize the factors that influence their world view.
- Provide an informative look at how multigenerational employees view workplace roles and core values.
- Demonstrate how these different perspectives can affect the employee-supervisor relationship.
- Understand how to motivate multigenerational employees.
Gary O'Bannon - Director of Human Resources - City of Kansas City, Mo.
Gary O’Bannon is the director of human resources for Kansas City, Mo. The human resources department includes a staff of 40 professionals who coordinate a comprehensive human resource program for approximately 5,000 full-time employees. This includes oversight and administration of programs in pension and benefit administration, labor and employee relations, recruitment, classification and compensation, EEO/diversity, information systems and training and development.