- The Impact of Mindfulness at Work
- Armen Berjikly: Natural Language Processing and Communication Advances in AI
- Responsibilities and Best Practices for Employers on Voting Day
- Posted in: Staffing ManagementYourForce: 2018 Optimas Winners Show HR InnovationEditor-in-Chief Mike Prokopeak introduces this years 2018 Optimas Awards winners. Also, a 1961 Workforce article echoes George Orwell's "1984."
- Posted in: LegalDo You Know? Pre-employment Medical ExamsPre-employment medical exams are permitted as long as the employer does so for all entering employees in the same job category.
- Posted in: BenefitsHandling the Workplace Holiday RushHere are some ways that as a company to keep your employees balanced, productive and healthy during the holiday rush.
- Posted in: BenefitsWorkplace Pregnancy Protection Laws: More Than Just Family Medical Leave ActWhen we think of pregnancy protection, most of us immediately think of maternity leave — the colloquial term for the 12 weeks of federally mandated ...
- Posted in: BenefitsEasing the Holiday Pressure in Your Winter WorkinglandHere are some winter workingland year-end gifts your employees will really appreciate: less stress, more time and a big thank-you.
- Posted in: BenefitsHow HR Benefits By Getting PoliticalGiven the big challenges facing our country, I can think of no group more qualified or capable of influencing our political climate than HR and ...
- Posted in: What You Can Learn From the Law Firm Partner Suspended for Watching Porn at WorkAccording to one survey, 3 percent of Americans admit to watching porn at work. I can see you doing the math right now.
- Posted in: HR AdministrationPeople Moves: November 2018The latest round of promotions in the HR world include Russell Investments' Gene Raffone, Apprio's Chloë Madden and Sauce Labs' Heather McLinden.
- Posted in: Workplace CultureBooze and Work: Shaken and Stirred to ActionA couple of beers or a bottle of wine doesn’t magically transform a workplace into a more productive, positive environment.
- Posted in: LegalDo You Know? English-only Workplace PoliciesEnglish-only requirements have been struck down as discriminatory where the policy included lunch hours, breaks and even private telephone conversations.
- Posted in: BenefitsMake Benefits and Internal Communications InseparableWhile sometimes seen as a roadblock or gatekeeper, an internal communications team can be a vocal advocate for the benefits team’s goals and vision.
- Posted in: TechnologyMeet Your New Colleague: Artificial IntelligencePut the quirky, sexy or scary robots of sci-fi aside; in reality, communicating with inhuman tools like artificial intelligence is more transactional than fantastical.