- A Manager’s Role in Suicide PreventionSeptember is National Suicide Prevention Month, and since people spend much of their time at work, managers should be aware of what their role is in suicide prevention.
- Posted in: Workplace CultureA Manager’s Role in Suicide PreventionSeptember is National Suicide Prevention Month, and since people spend much of their time at work, managers should be aware of what their role is ...
- Posted in: LegalThe 16th Nominee for the Worst Employer of 2018 Is … the Sexist, Racist, Xenophobe, Oh My!Businesses may think that permitting sex-, race- and national origin-based harassment in the workplace is acceptable. It isn't.
- Posted in: TechnologySector Report: Cloud-Based HR Systems Make Everything BetterThe cloud is allowing vendors to upgrade their HR systems more often, to the benefit of clients everywhere. Also, the Hot List for HRMS providers.
- Posted in: BenefitsDisrupting Alzheimer’s Inside and Outside the WorkplaceAlzheimer’s is a major public health issue, and like other large public health issues, the microcosm of the workplace exhibits similar problems.
- Posted in: Staffing ManagementPeople Moves: September 2018Anne Buchanan to Guitar Center; Kim Healey to English Premier League; Christopher Pickett to Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, P.C.; Julia Kellogg to North American Bancard ...
- Posted in: TechnologyYourForce: HR Tech is Your Most Valuable AssetEditor-in-Chief Mike Prokopeak muses on the impact HR tech has on the HR function. Also, a 2005 story from Workforce takes us back to when ...
- Posted in: Workplace CultureThe Business Case for Emotional IntelligenceEmployers can take these three actions to help improve their employees’ emotional intelligence, which in turn can help improve business results.
- Posted in: LegalSexual Harassment Allegations Unjustifiably Ruin People’s Lives Only if They Are FalseTo do anything other than to pause this confirmation to determine just how much fire lurks behind Christine Ford's sexual harassment allegations is reckless and ...
- Posted in: Staffing ManagementManagement According to the Leadership BookDon’t blindly trust leadership books. Instill leadership techniques with a healthy dose of pragmatic management and you’ll never be accused of being a robot.
- Posted in: TechnologyThoughtWorks’ Tarsha McCormick on Tech and DiversityHead of D&I McCormick talks about the lack of diversity in the tech sector and the key element missing from corporate diversity efforts.
- Posted in: TechnologyHR Tech Conference: Cool CEOs, Lacing Up Your Running Shoes and Flying on Sept. 11The mood seemed subdued at this year's HR Tech Conference. Maybe it was more talk and less action.
- Posted in: Workplace CultureTradeswomen Enter the Male-Dominated Construction IndustryA partnership between TDIndustries and United Way of Greater Houston is helping the construction company recruit, train and introduce tradeswomen into the industry.