While I continue to tally votes to name the Worst Employer of 2018, I have an employer to kick off the nominees for 2019.
Meet Joyce Fogleman, the president, pharmacist and sole owner of J&S Professional Pharmacy, who is, along with her pharmacy, the defendant in a sexual harassment suit in Blades v. J&S Professional Pharmacy.
With tongue planted firmly in cheek, Judge J. Philip Gilbert of The United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois describes the employer as “your typical pharmacy.”
Typical, that is, until you read the allegations levied by Wendy Blades and her co-workers:
- Joyce Fogleman demanded kisses on her mouth by employees as a prerequisite to receive their paychecks.
- Fogleman gave employee spankings as a form of discipline and sexual gratification in front of other employees and customers.
- Fogleman went nude both in the workplace and at company-sponsored events.
- Fogleman made comments about the physical attributes of employees in front of other employees and customers.
1. What the hell kind of pharmacy is this?
2. Employers, the bar for 2019 is set. How will you top it?